Betting Insurance Systems

How to get back your stake when your horse doesn't win. Picking just one winner in a race can be a nightmare. You can do everything right, you can find the best horse in the field and you just know it should cross the line first. Then something goes wrong. The horse falls, it gets bunched in on the rails, it just wasn't feeling right on the day - or the dark horse, 20-1 outsider comes though and pips it at the post. Among our methods I like to consider ways to insure my bets. It may mean I don't always pick up so much on the outright winners, but I certainly never lose as often as I would without these kind of insurances. In this simple method, I use "saver" bets to cover my chosen winner. In future methods I'll show you some more sophisticated ideas, but this one is effective and easy to apply with just a little extra calculation.
Here's how it works. Let's say from one or more of my selection methods I've come up with a likely winner and a good value horse at 2/1. However, there are 10 other runners and behind him there are just two that I think could be some competition. The first of these is priced at 7/2 and the other at 5/1. The rest of the field I believe to be no competition for these top three. So, although I still think the favourite will win at 2/1, I'm going to take out some "insurance" on the other two and I'll put bets on them that will return all of my stake money if either of them should win. Here's the calculation:
Let's assume my TOTAL stake is £10.00
For the first contender at 7/2, I'll convert his price to European digital odds. To do this, divide the first figure by the second and add 1.
So 7 divided by 2 = 3.5, plus 1 = 4.5
Now, I'll divide this figure into my total stake - 10 / 4.5 = £2.22
The is the amount I'll stake on this horse. At odds of 7/2, if it should win, then I'll get back the full £10.00 of my stake money.
Perform the same calculation on the second horse and you get:
5 / 1 = 5 + 1 = 6.00
Divide this into £10 and you get: £1.66
This is my stake on the second horse and will guaratee my full returned stake if it should win.
So if I now subtract these two extra stakes from my total stake of £10.00 I get -
£10.00 - £2.22 - £1.66 = £6.18
This final figure of £6.18 is what I have left to stake on the favourite that I really believe will win.
So, if my champion wins I get £12.36 profit, plus my £6.18 returned, but I lose the £3.88 of the other two bets - so my actual profit on the bet is £8.48.
However, if either of the others should win I get back the full amount of my stake and no loss. If you are averse to losing then this is a great but simple way to keep your money safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment