LAYING STAKING PLAN
A Staking Plan is a pre-determined methodology of money management that, when applied to the process of betting or investing, promotes steady overall growth through maximised returns. It ensures that the process will continue by ensuring that funds do not run out, due to the application of protection measures against losses. This is done by assuming that future results will be similar or related to past events, though this fact can never be guaranteed.
The first basis of a Staking Plan is that a separate betting fund or 'bank' is used from which to stake and to which the winnings are added. This means that bets are never placed randomly without being accounted for to the bank amount, and there is a certain amount of limitation of liability in managing the money in this way, rather than betting out of everyday funds. The concept of having a bank and protecting it is fundamental to Staking Plans and applies the first stage of protection.
A Staking Plan is applied to a system of selection, which may use any criteria to select the next bet. It is important to note that a Staking Plan will never select a next bet for the user; it will merely indicate the bet amount.
As a priority, the Betting System used must be assessed in terms of its relative success and also to estimate the worst-case scenario for a losing sequence, i.e. the maximum number of consecutive or near-consecutive losses. This eventuality must be allowed for in selecting the bank start amount and in the type of staking plan used.
Benefits of using a Staking Plan
Use of a Staking Plan can prevent many of the common mistakes in betting. A Staking Plan immediately gives discipline to staking. It establishes a bank amount and imposes rules to every bet made. This prevents betting due to emotional reactions, positive or negative. It records every activity to provide a means of checking and crossreferencing a system. Bets are limited to the amount stipulated by the Staking Plan, which prevents wild or impulse betting. A Staking Plan is the key to winning by protecting the bank from the risk that it is exposed to by betting, and encourages slow but steady growth rather than a 'get rich quick' mentality. Bookmakers want a bettor to chase losses with blind hope, often counting on luck, and this is what will happen without the use of a disciplined Staking Plan. The most dangerous time is often at the end of the day when it is tempting to try to recover all the day's losses in one action. A Staking Plan continues from day to day, so there is no 'last race' and this will not happen.
A Staking Plan brings about slow growth through planning and encourages serious betting and sustained profits. The rule of”don't ever bet more than you can afford to lose" is ensured by the use of a Staking Plan.
Features of a Staking Plan
A Staking Plan will:
1) Maximize ROI
2) Protect the bank
3) Indicate the next bet amount
4) Prevent level stakes or flat betting
5) Reduce and limit exposure
6) Assist in making profits from betting
7) Maximise the benefits of wins, minimise the effect of losses
8) Maintain the lowest exposure when recouping after a losing run
9) Position the bettor to gain maximum benefit from a good win
10) Act on the effect of each bet, rather than overall performance or emotion
11) Turn a marginal system into a profitable system
12) Magnify profits in a profitable system
13) Minimise losses during a long losing run
14) Allow the bank to grow slowly and safely
15) Control staking to build profits over time
16) Record the results of every bet
17) Balance to the bank
18) Impose rules for money management
19) Provide an exact bank balance at all times
20) Enable the bettor to know their exact position
21) Monitor and record each bet of a system
22) Provides a full record of transactions for checking and recording purposes
23) Give control over betting and provide a plan to which to bet
24) Help prevent betting blindly or on impulse
A Staking Plan will not:
1) Indicate what to bet on
2) Turn a losing system into a profitable one
3) Predict or guarantee profits
4) Make a 'quick buck', but promote a slow, safe growth process
*ONCE YOU DECIDE ON A STAKING PLAN STICK WITH IT*
Labels: Betting Systems